Saturday, February 3, 2007

week 4

Items 8 and 9

I have to say I found this weeks excerises the most frustrating and the most time consuming so far. In fact I ended up doing most of it at home, it would have taken up too much of my 20 hours at work. To begin with I could not get the first video tutorial to run on either my home or my work computer I finally got it going on my husband's computer. Then for some reason I had a real problem signing up for a Bloglines account, it kept saying it had sent me a verification email and it hadn't. However I did finally manage to do it. This is when I find technology frustrating, when it doesn't work properly and I don't know enough about it to understand what the problem is. Anyway I did add many feeds which you can view at
http.www.bloglines.com/blog/jennyjordan
It did take me a little while to get the hang of the site and I confess that I got some help from my computer geek husband, something I had decided not to do during this course but...
Anyway, although it does sound like a very useful idea and particularly for librarians and others needing the most current news, the jury is still out on how useful it will be for me personally. Sometimes one can feel overwhelmed by too much information and I suspect it is something one needs to tailor to ones own needs and saturation point. It will take me a while to do that.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Glad you stuck with it despite encountering tech problems. It is frustrating!